The data that we collect:
- When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect information about you or that can be used to identify you, including your name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, date of birth. For example, you may provide us with Personal Information when you register for a vhome Insurance account, when you fill out forms or fields on the Site, when you participate in online surveys, and when you contact us or request information about us, this Site and our Service (whether by email. phone or other means).
- When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect certain financial information including your social security number, financial account information, investments, income, expenses, investible assets, investing risk tolerance, and other similar types of information.
- When you use certain Services (such as the prequalifying for credit cards or loans), you authorize vhome Insurance to send your information to certain third party partners on your behalf and you authorize these partners to obtain credit reports and related information about you from one or more consumer reporting agencies. The foregoing information is referred to as “Personal Information.”
- When you use the Services, we may send one or more Cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. Our websites and services may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers.
- Such technologies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP etc. for the purpose of understanding how visitors use this website.
- Cookies will not be installed on your computer until you state your intention to browse the web through one of the following actions:
- Move vertically on the web
- Click on any point or web link
- Types of cookies: The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our websites:
- Session cookies: We may use session cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. The only purpose of this cookie is to differentiate between different visits.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. For example, if you tick the ‘Close’ button of the Cookie Notice, a persistent cookie will be used so that the site remembers your choice the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but don’t contain information that could be used to identify you to another person. We may introduce cookies from third party companies that use generic information about your visits to our sites. For example in our website and domain we use Google Analytics’ service that includes first-party cookies in our domain.
- The collected information is used by vhome Insurance to classify the user in different categories for marketing purposes. None of these cookies store personal information.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Services or store on the Site and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Services and on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
Ownership of the Site and Intellectual Property
The https://vhomeinsurance.com/ (the “Site”) and all content displayed on the site, unless otherwise expressly stated to the contrary, are the property and/or copyright of vhome Insurance and its subsidiaries (the “Company”). All other products and company names are registered trademarks of their respective owners. No part of this Site, including but not limited to, the graphics, text and html code, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, or by any means without the Company’s written permission.
Limited Use of the Site
The Company authorizes you to view copy or print the materials on this Site provided that such use is:
(i) solely for information purposes,
(ii) all copyright notices are included in their entirety in any reproduction; and
(iii) the use is non-commercial in nature.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The Site and all content provided therein are provided by the Company solely for general informational purposes, and are not intended to be, and shall not constitute, legal, tax, consulting or other professional advice, or a substitute for the foregoing. Accordingly no decision impacting your finances or business should be taken in reliance on the materials on this Site. Such decisions should be taken only after careful thought and consultation with the appropriate professional.
Modification of the Terms
vhome Insurance reserves the right at any time to modify these Terms and to impose new or additional terms or conditions on your use of the Services. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon notice and incorporated into these Terms. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to the Terms, including, but not limited to, by posting a notice to our website or by sending an email to any address you may have provided to us.
Your continued use of the Services following notice will be deemed acceptance of any modifications to the Terms.